Aukey's 10-Port USB Charger Has Fast Charge 3.0 And More

One of the biggest problems I’ve always had with smartphones is that the battery never lasted me a full day. From my first smartphone, the iPhone 3G (actually, I guess the T-Mobile Sidekick I had back in 2005 should count…) to the iPhone 5 to the LG G3, G4, and V10, I’ve always struggled with juice. I never really blamed the phones — I am a crazy power user and I know it. I am glued (perhaps addicted is the better word) Twitter and Gmail constantly; I like shooting random videos, edit them, then post to Instagram on the fly; I stream Spotify or NBA League Pass everytime I’m on the bus/train, etc.

That problem mostly went away this year for two reasons. One: I’ve been using a Huawei P9 Plus as my daily driver, and that thing, due to a combination of big battery (3,400 mAH) and overly-protective Chinese software, actually lasts me almost a full day. Reason two: Fast-charging.


The latter is just an absolute blessing, because most of us who live in the city have small windows throughout the day to top up our phones here and there. In the past, that 20 minutes home after work to shower and change only added a measly 5% or 7% to the phone. Now, with quick charging tech like Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 or OnePlus’ very fast Dash Charge? A phone can go from 18% to 50% in that same span.

If you’ve got a huge family, or if you host parties often, I recommend Aukey’s 10-port USB charger. I’ve been using it for the past month, and it’s proven very to be a very stable, safe, and fast way to give juice to up to 10 devices at once. Two of the 10 ports support Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, and the other eight are 2.4A adaptive ports.

Aukey is a brand that’s well known with online consumers in the west for its reliable USB chargers, and this 10-porter is as well built as a USB charger can get. It’s made of matte black, has rubber nubs at the bottom to sit stury on any surface, and it doesn’t heat up even when all 10 ports are being used.



The two Qualcomm 3.0 ports work as advertised, powering up my LG G5 like it should. Even for phones that don’t support Qualcomm charging, like my Huawei P9 Plus, I find that it charges faster on Aukey’s port than on my usual wall port. It doesn’t, however, boost the OnePlus 3′s charging speed, because that device only works with its own dash charge technology.

Aukey’s 10-port USB charger is available at Amazon for US$38.99.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.